Here we go, link dump for Sunday, April 3, 2011:
- UFC fighter Thiago Silva admitted this week to cheating, following his failed urine test for a January bout against Brandon Vera. Jonathan Snowden looks at the most popular methods of cheating in MMA. [Bloody Elbow]
- Noticing all the MMA love in the pages of Men’s Health lately? Editor in chief David Zinczenko used to look down on the sport, but after doing his research he’s changed his tune and now even advocates for MMA’s legalization in New York. Read his editorial for the New York Times. [NYT – The Opinion Pages]
- Speaking of legalization battles, Ontario recently held its first ever sanctioned MMA event. Morgan Campbell hit up Casino Rama to witness the landmark event. [The Toronto Star]
- Were you disappointed by Brock Lesnar’s subdued performance on the season premiere of The Ultimate Fighter? Lesnar opens up to the Globe and Mail about how his tribulations over the past year have weighed down on him mentally. [The Globe and Mail]
- Bum knee still bothering you? Researchers say it’s your hip strength you may need to work on. [Health Zone]
- A friendly atmosphere is always welcome at the gym, but there is a line between having fun while training and not taking your training seriously. Sensei Lori O’Connell blogs about when a friendly atmosphere at the dojo can go too far. [Jiu-Jitsu Sensei]
Thanks to Kombat’s Twitterstream for swapping resources. Be sure to follow us @KombatArts!